This is one of my favorite recipes for when I’m craving something sweet. These balls are packed full of unsaturated and saturated fats for lots of energy. Plus, they are gluten free and paleoish. I say paleoish because of the oats. True paleo people don’t eat them but I cook with the gluten free kind occasionally.
As someone who uses the Paleo Diet as a base for what I eat, I don’t want to go overboard with sugar. This recipes calls for 100% cacao, unsweetened coconut, and sugar free almond butter so the only sugar source in these balls is from the honey. There’s a minimal amount of sugar in the gluten free oats and the ground flaxseed.
These are super easy and quick to make. Check it out!
Almond Butter Oatmeal Balls | Makes About 20 1 Inch Balls | Serving Size: 1 – 2 Balls
- 1 Cup Gluten Free Rolled Oats
- 1/2 Cup Ground Flaxseed
- 2/3 Cup Unsweetened Coconut Flakes
- 1/2 Cup Unsweetened Cacoa Chips (100% Cocoa)
- 1/3 Cup Local Honey
- 1/2 Cup Sugar Free Almond Butter
- 2 Tsp Vanilla Extract
No Bake Instructions:
- Mix all ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Refrigerate for 15 to 30 minutes to firm up the dough.
- Roll into 1 inch balls.
- Store the extra balls in a sealed container in the refrigerator.