Stir fry my way means cooking the chicken in the crock pot. Which means it ends up so moist you have to shred it because it just falls apart. Yummm. This recipe uses coconut aminos instead of soy sauce making it Paleo friendly!
Paleo Chicken & Veggie Stir Fry | Makes 8 Servings
- 2 Pounds Chicken Breasts
- 4 Cups Cooked White Rice
- 4 Cups Mixed Veggies (I used a frozen stir fry mix)
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
For the Sauce | Makes About 3 Cups
- 1 & 1/2 Cup Coconut Aminos
- 6 Tsp Minced Garlic
- 1/2 Cup Honey
- 3 Tbsp Minced Fresh Ginger
- 3/4 Cup Fresh Orange Juice
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- Portion rice out into airtight containers.
- Whisk coconut aminos, garlic, honey, ginger, and orange juice together in a medium bowl.
- Marinade chicken breasts in 2/3 (about 2 cups) of sauce mixture for 30 minutes.
- Add chicken to crock pot with the marinade, cook on low for 8 hours. (It only took about 6 hours for mine, so be sure to check for doneness after about 6 hours.)
- While the chicken is cooking, add olive oil to large skillet or pot, add veggies and sauté until softened.
- Add the last third (about 1 cup) of the sauce mixture to veggies, sauté for a few minutes more.
- Portion veggies out over rice in airtight containers.
- Once chicken is done, shred and portion out over veggies and rice in airtight containers.
- Store in fridge for no more than 4 days.